After a busy week and only one workout under my belt, I needed to get a good run in–if not for my health, for my sanity. 🙂
I used my runkeeper app and tracked the exact time and distance of my run. It was a beautiful morning full of sunshine and a cool breeze…perfect weather to get back to it.
After my run, I was thinking about what food would be best to carry my body to a healthy recovery. So, thanks to runnersworld.com, I found some tasty breakfast recipes that will jump start your recovery after a morning run. According to this article, a good mix of carbs and protein within 30 minutes of your workout will be a great mix to refuel your happy body. (Check out this link for exact recipes!)
1) High-Protein Pancakes: whole grain pancakes, greek yogurt, blueberries and nuts.
2) Savory Pita: wheat pita, olive tapenade, apricots, tomato, red onion, red bell pepper, turkey bacon, and feta cheese.
3) Breakfast Sundae: bananna, fat-free vanilla yogurt, peanut butter, high protein cereal and a dash of cinnamon.
4) Southwestern Wrap: whole wheat tortilla, black beans, brown rice, scrambled egg, avacado, spinach, cheddar, cilantro and salsa.
5) Island Smoothie: low-fat peach kefir, low-fat milk, crushed pineapple, dried coconut, instant oatmeal, and frozen raspberries.
BONUS! Sweet Sandwich! (english muffin, cashew butter, mango chutney, golden raisins, fat-free cottage cheese.
Hopefully this gives you some more ideas to do your body good!
What’s your favorite post-workout meal or snack?